Who are we?
Yellowball are a London-based multi award-winning digital marketing agency. We’re experts in web design, SEO, paid search and design, partnering with clients of every shape and size across the UK and internationally. With passion, creativity and razor-sharp commercial focus wired into everything we do, we’re trusted by organisations everywhere to deliver real impact and results.
We’re looking for an experienced business development expert to join our fast-growing boutique agency team to grow revenue, retain and delight our clients across a broad and exciting range of digital projects and briefs.
What are we looking for?
As a strategic sales manager at Yellowball, you’ll be working closely with the agency’s founding team to achieve and exceed our ambitious revenue and performance targets. You will often be the first point of contact for inbound leads and your role will be to help quickly qualify these opportunities and work with other team members to bring them to closure.
You’re an energetic and organised self-starter, you understand the sales process, can build relationships with the right decision-makers and can succinctly define and communicate the specific benefits of the Yellowball proposition.
We believe in a consultative, solution-led and human approach to sales. We believe strongly in the overall growth and continued development of each new hire. In joining Yellowball, you’ll join an agency that believes in development and promotion from within. And as a rapidly expanding business, there’s a lot of opportunity for growth and some very exciting times ahead.
- Identifying and researching qualified inbound leads – we have a proven and highly successful inbound marketing engine that delivers continued qualified leads – we won’t ask you to make 100 cold calls a day!
- Delighting prospects with an incredible first touch-point Yellowball brand experience and setting up qualified meetings.
- Provide timely and accurate forecasts and clear visibility on sales and revenue performance by actively managing your pipeline of opportunities and weekly, monthly and quarterly sales forecasts.
- Triaging inbound leads to assess which course of action to take.
- Communicating with existing clients and identifying opportunities where we can add tangible value and create upsell opportunities into other service lines.
- Creating bespoke proposals for prospects and managing the pre-sales process end-to-end.
- Constantly learning our services, how they are delivered and the value they offer for clients.
- Support on lead qualification with the goal of determining if the prospect fits the buying criteria (Budget, Authority, Needs, Timeline).
- Manage, track, and report all activities in our Hubspot CRM.
- Contract drafting and review.
What are we looking for?
- Have 3+ years of proven sales experience in a Business Development or revenue-targeted Account Management role, ideally in any agency setting.
- Have a proven track record of top performance and delivery of consistent and exceptional business results.
- Have the ability to understand complex client requirements and craft custom solutions from the suite of Yellowball services.
- An exceptional written and spoken communicator and presenter with an ability to write concise and on-brand copy in client emails and other important brand interactions. You don’t need to be a copywriter but we do expect our clients to experience clear, concise and friendly brand interactions with Yellowball at every touchpoint.
- Highly organised and autonomous.
- Comfortable and energised operating in a fast-paced, growth environment.
- Entrepreneurial and self-motivated.
- Consultative with demonstrable experience.
- Intellectually curious and ambitious.
- Confident managing clients and other stakeholders – we’re proud of our consistent five-star client reviews and you’ll play a role in continuing this high level of client service and experience.
- An ability to adapt to a range of different clients and industries.
- A commitment to being client-obsessed in everything you do.
- Excellent organisation skills and an ability to manage your workload and the expectations of clients and colleagues.
- A love and genuine interest in digital marketing.
- Highly commercially focused – we love working with people who get excited and enthused about all elements of how a company works.
- Self-motivated, driven, and engaging.
- A real sense of urgency tempered by the ability to keep calm under pressure.
Package and benefits:
We believe in creating a happy, exciting working culture.
- Competitive salary, based on experience + commission structure and other incentives.
- 25 days flexible holiday p/a + bank holidays.
- Office at Uncommon Borough, 5 minutes walk from London Bridge or 3 minutes from the Northern Line with Borough Market on our doorstep. Showers & free lunchtime workout classes, bike storage, in-house coffee shop and roof terrace with London skyline views.
- Flexible work from home – as long as you can join us in London for at least 1 day a week, we are highly flexible about how and where you do your best work and we default to trust and transparency.
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done.
How to apply and interview process:
We are looking to hire for this role as soon as possible, with interviews likely to take place in early April.We’re open to flexible working arrangements and can consider part-time for this role – whether this is to help you meet other commitments or strike a great work-life balance.The selection process comprises a short initial video call with one of the founders, followed by a short take home task and follow-on interview.
Ready to apply?
Please complete the below form in as much detail as possible.
The answers you provide here are really important, so please take your time and make them as bespoke as you can for Yellowball and this specific role.
If you’re unsure about applying or have any questions, please ask us! We look forward to hearing from you!