We are looking for a talented Junior Designer with passion, ambition and drive to join our fast growing digital marketing agency. As a Junior Designer, you will be responsible for the design and artwork of digital and print-based collateral supporting our expanding design and marketing teams.
Who are we?
Yellowball is a digital marketing agency specialising in website design, search engine optimisation and graphic design. We work with businesses who are committed to their digital marketing and our clients range from funded scale-ups through to more established brands, including award-winning interior designers and prestigious safari camps to name a few.
We love what we do and deliver a great, ROI focussed service. As an agency, we are growing quickly both in terms of headcount and the types of clients that we engage with.
What’s the opportunity?
As a Junior Designer at Yellowball, your role will be varied and exciting, working across a wide range of projects. With support from management and our talented senior designers, you will gain experience across all areas of design from magazines to branding and larger, more exciting website projects. And as a rapidly expanding business, this is also a fantastic opportunity for a new graduate to gain wide-ranging experience in a London agency.
- Working as part of the design team, supporting the senior designers and Yellowball marketing team on a variety of exciting briefs and projects.
- Managing multiple projects and communicating progress accurately to your team and clients.
- Working on both digital and print-based projects including branding, magazines, brochures, websites, social media imagery, proposals and client presentations and more.
- Keeping abreast of the latest design trends
- This is a great opportunity for a Junior Designer who would like to develop their skills and progress their career.
The perfect applicant will have:
- Good knowledge in Adobe Creative Suite – particularly InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- The ability to communicate ideas quickly and efficiently to colleagues and clients
- Strong typographic and layout skills
- Good time keeping skills
- The ability to work well under pressure and in a fast paced environment
- A portfolio demonstrating strong conceptual thinking across a variety of work
We are 5-7 minutes walk from Bermondsey underground station in South East London in a complex of 500+ business. Our offices are in the Biscuit Factory which is, as the name suggests, a converted Biscuit Factory. Oh, and we also have an office dog.
How do I apply?
We are looking to hire for this role as soon as possible, with interviews likely to take place in March. Guide salary: £18k – £25k depending on experience.
If you would love to apply then please send us a brief but engaging email, together with your CV, portfolio and anything else you think will impress us. We receive a lot of applicants so be sure to demonstrate the value you can bring in your email. If we think there’s a match, we’ll invite you in for an interview. Please send your application to our Head of Design, Lizzie Ayton at lizzie[at]weareyellowball[dot]com.
We look forward to hearing from you!
SPREAD THE WORD:
READ MORE RAMBLINGS
Fixing Font Rendering Inconsistencies Across Browsers
Have you ever designed an interface or website and spent hours selecting the perfect font for your UI to find that as soon as your XD or Sketch designs are developed into aSeptember 5th, 2019