Role: UX Web Digital Designer
Start date: Immediate
Location: London & remote with flexible part/full-time options
Who are we?
Yellowball are a London-based multi award-winning digital marketing agency. We’re experts in web design, SEO, paid search and design, partnering with clients of every shape and size across the UK and internationally. With passion, creativity and razor-sharp commercial focus wired into everything we do, we’re trusted by organisations everywhere to deliver real impact and results.
We’re looking for a talented UX web designer to join our fast-growing boutique agency team to work on a broad and exciting range of projects, clients and briefs across web, print and digital for clients across the UK.
What are we looking for?
As a UX web designer at Yellowball, your role will be varied and exciting, working across a
wide range of projects. With hands-on support from the agency’s founding team and our talented senior designers, you’ll work across all areas of design from stunning bespoke websites, landing pages, digital brand assets and everything in between.
- Working as part of the design team, supporting the senior designers on a variety of exciting briefs and projects.
- Managing multiple projects and communicating progress accurately to your team and clients – we use best-in-class technology such as Asana and Slack to make this as easy as possible and automate as much as we can.
- Working on mostly beautiful bespoke web projects but also digital and print from time to time including branding, social media assets, retargeting advert assets, proposals, brochures and client presentation decks.
- Keeping in tune with the latest design trends, changing technologies and evolving market demands.
- Working closely with clients on projects from the briefing stage up until completion and sign off.
- Working on our own Yellowball marketing assets and activities – we have an extensive backlog of exciting and high-impact projects to complete. You’ll work closely with the agency’s leadership and founding team on collateral and campaigns to boost Yellowball’s growth, client retention and revenue.
- Be responsible for mapping out your week alongside our project management team via Asana.
- Managing client deadlines and schedules for design projects, with support from our senior designers and project managers.
What are we looking for?
- A proven ability to produce consistently exceptional creative work which is on-brief and achieved within the time allocations agreed. We obsess over every pixel!
- A deep understanding and working knowledge of UX design and the Adobe Creative Cloud – specifically Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, XD.
- A university degree or formal design training is great but not a strict requirement – we care far more about the quality, depth and variety of your portfolio and your approach, passion, experiences and skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal English with an ability to write concise and on-brand copy in client emails and other important brand interactions. You don’t need to be a copywriter but we do expect our clients to experience clear, concise and friendly brand interactions with Yellowball at every touch point.
- Confident managing clients and other stakeholders – we’re proud of our consistent five-star client reviews and you’ll play a role in continuing this high level of client service and experience.
- An ability to adapt to a range of different clients and industries.
- A commitment to being client-obsessed in everything you do.
- A talent for generating exceptional creative work, on-brief and within the time allocations agreed.
- Excellent organisation skills and an ability to manage deadlines, your workload and the expectations of clients, colleagues and suppliers.
- A love and genuine interest in design and digital marketing.
- Highly commercially focused – we love working with people who get excited and enthused about all elements of how a company works.
- Self-motivated, driven, and engaging.
- A real sense of urgency tempered by the ability to keep calm under pressure.
- Video editing and animation experience would be great but not a requirement.
Package and benefits:
We believe in creating a happy, exciting working culture.
- Competitive salary, based on experience.
- 25 days flexible holiday p/a + bank holidays.
- Office at Uncommon Borough, 3 minutes from the Northern Line with Borough Market on our doorstep. Showers & free lunchtime workout classes, bike storage, in-house coffee shop and roof terrace with London skyline views.
- Flexible work from home – as long as you can join us in London for at least 1 day a week, we are highly flexible about how and where you do your best work and we default to trust and transparency.
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done.
How to apply and interview process:
We are looking to hire for this role as soon as possible, with interviews likely to take place early September.
We’re open to flexible working arrangements and can consider part-time for this role – whether this is to help you meet other commitments or strike a great work-life balance.
The selection process comprises a short initial video call with one of the founders, followed by an interview and short take home design task.
Ready to apply?
Please complete the below form in as much detail as possible.
The answers you provide here are really important, so please take your time and make them as bespoke as you can for Yellowball and this specific role.
If you’re unsure about applying or have any questions, please ask us! We look forward to hearing from you!